Info on this page is up-to-date as of 2021-05-26.
- Join the community:
- There is still (or again, after a pause) the HPLX mailing list, where still a lot of helpful people are around. Me included (as of 2019/2020)
- And there is the HP Palmtops Facebook group
- Looking for a successor for the HP Palmtop? Have a look at the devices Michael Mrozek offers in his Dragonbox Shop (browse for UMPCs and for the Pandora and Pyra Linux handhelds!) I can personally recommend the Onemix Windows mini notebooks (3rd generation currently). But there are other good options. Once the Pyra is available, that may be a very interesting alternative as well (Linux). The Pyra is developed by Michael Mrozek and his international team of specialists.
- If you need repairs, upgrades and spare parts: Please contact Michel Bel (Netherlands, Europe) or Thaddeus Computing (USA).
- If you need software for your Palmtop, browse the S.U.P.E.R. palmtop software archive. In case the main link on the left does not work, try this mirror: http://mizj.com/
- Do you like to read my "Palmtop story" that describes how I got into this amazing Palmtop world and what I did in all that time?
hermocom was one of the last few supporters worldwide for the MS-DOS-based Palmtop PCs made in the 1990s by Hewlett Packard.
These are the HP Palmtop PC models 95LX, 100LX, 200LX, 1000CX and the OmniGo 700LX.
I can mainly help with the 100LX, 200LX and 1000CX models. The other ones you can ask me about, too, but I am not too experienced with them.
- Although "hermocom" does not exist anymore, I am still here, if you have a question.
- Have a look into my HP Palmtop knowledge base, a collection of articles about various topics, which may answer some of your questions already, or give you new ideas in order to find solutions.
- Software packages and drivers in the HP Palmtop Software download area.
- Please contact Michel Bel (Netherlands, Europe) or Thaddeus Computing (USA) for repairs, upgrades and spare parts.
Since my interests have moved on to new topics (e.g. photography and 360° photography / virtual tours), I don't have the time anymore to care much about he HP Palmtops. Also, I don't really have a good use for them anymore. But I still appreciate them as probably the best ultramobile computers, that have been made by now. :) I still have a few of them here for nostalgic reasons, and I even use them occasionally.
Until 2014 I also offered:
- Repair service (worldwide)
- RAM upgrades
- Speed upgrades
- Backlight upgrade kit
- Spare parts, accessories and special offers